Creating and developing a website it a process and never quite completed, it’s total revel evolution!
Enjoy improving and tweaking and see it as a joyful way of optimizing your communication and offers.
Here are 7 tips to get you on track
- Check to see if your logo is clickable. It is a standard convention that clicking the logo will lead to the home page. Many people already know this and use it all the time.
- Make sure your visitors can see what you are all about in under 10 seconds. If you need to, include a tagline to make it clear who your website is for and what you are offering. If a visitor doesn’t get this, then they’re gone in no time.
- How recent is your website content, does it look like it’s been there since Grandma went out to make a phone call (whatever that means)? Include content that let’s everyone know this is up-to-date.
- Offer 3 ways people can contact you and tell them what to expect. Will you call them back? Will they receive a confirmation?
- Get rid of links on your website that lead your visitors away (unless you are a directory :-). You want to build an interesting site with tons of great information so people enjoy staying on your website and so you can offer them plenty of meaningful content.
- Check for broken links. Only got one link in your footer containing your email address, and it’s not working? Use this link checker to find any links gone dead, at http://validator.w3.org/checklink. Just add your internet address and have your website checked in an instance.
- Images, images, images. They are always most impactful on your visitor’s impression. They set the tone. If you are not satisfied with the way your site looks, this article on choosing images will help you improve.